St. Mary’s “Saints in the Making” Program
Saints in the Making is a program for preteen children (ages 9-12) who have received their Confirmation and First Holy Communion, and have a desire to remain involved in the church and continue their personal journey in the faith.
Through this program, children will…
- Learn about and cultivate the Gifts and Fruits of the Holy Spirit in their everyday lives.
- Discover their own gifts and use them for service.
- Connect with the saints, who help to guide them, comfort them, and bring them closer to Jesus.
- Learn how to put their faith into practice at home and school, as well as at church.
- Develop a sense of ownership in our parish and in the Catholic community.
- Discover a healthy sense-of-self and develop their personal values.
Through service projects, saint biographies, and studying the Catholic faith and traditions, the Saints in the Making program will show children how to use and take ownership of their faith practice. The sessions will take place during the normal Religious Education session time, from 5:30-7:00pm on Thursday evenings.
The suggested donation for this program is $25 per family, but no one will be denied for lack of funds.
To register your child(ren), please complete the online registration form or pick up a paper form at the Parish Office.
If you have any questions regarding this form or the Religious Education program at St. Mary's, or would like to volunteer with the R.E. program, please email Crystal Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.